Lakeside Makes It Count
Lakeside Students is all about connecting students to Jesus daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. Everything we do centers around this purpose.
We want every student to follow two basic rules given to us by Jesus:
1. Love God with all their heart, soul, and mind.
2. Love their neighbor as themselves.
Adults! Join the Team!!!
We take ministry very seriously. ALL of our adult volunteers are screened and are MinistrySafe trained before entering our student ministry. We would love to have you join our team to enhance the ministry God has entrusted to us! Email the student ministry office at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the volunteer application process.
We have opportunities to serve in our "Big Group" ministry, our "Small Group" ministry, our "Mentoring" ministry, on our "First Impressions" team, "Tech" team, and many other places throughout our ministry. But more than signing up to "fill a spot", we want to help you find your "sweet spot"! So, here is the process to volunteer for Lakeside Students:
1. Contact Amy Nagel at email@example.com to start the process of us getting a background check and getting you MinistrySafe trained.
2. Schedule a coffee/lunch meeting with Preston Cave to help discover your gifts, talents, and passions for ministry. More than filling a position, we desire to help you find your calling.
3. We will have you attend and observe the potential area of ministry you desire serving so that you can see our ministry in action.
4. We will follow up with you to see how you feel after seeing/experiencing the ministry at Lakeside. We will ask you if you agree with our model, understand our vision, and will be able to commit to our ministry for a certain amount of time.
We are FOR the Church
We want every student that enters our ministry to make the following three decisions:
1. Meet Jesus for the first time.
2. Fall in love with Jesus through discipleship and worship.
3. Serve Jesus through the local church.
We believe the two places God has ordained for discipleship is the home and the church. Because of this belief we want to encourage students to strengthen and honor both places. We want students to actively connect with Jesus at home and at church.
The entire Bible, from beginning to end, is the story of God redeeming us back to himself through the person and work of Jesus Christ. Our goal is to help students better understand the supremacy of our Lord and Savior, King Jesus!